Summer in Vernal was AMAZING last year.

After completing my freshman year at USU, I returned to Vernal.  The Rec Center AND Smokey had agreed to hire me back for another year.  I was stoked about this because I love my summer jobs.  Neither job was ready for me until June, however, my summer started in the beginning of May.  

And that's where Mallori Charii Nelson took over.  

We spent all day everyday together for that month.  It worked out perfectly because Mal was preparing to go on a mission to the New Hampshire Manchester mission.  We went running in the morning, read scriptures into the afternoon, would go to our separate houses to shower, and then we would reunite for adventures at night.  We went hiking, spent many nights at her cabin, and had game night.  

It was funny, it was almost like I was Mal's first missionary companion, we spent so much time together that month.  I even helped her write her "farewell" talk.  She has almost been out a year! Chels and I miss her so much! only about 6 months left till we get one of our best friends back! 
 Alesha, Chelsea, Mal and I at Mal's Farewell.  :( Sad day.


One night a group of us went on a hike to Red Fleet.  It was pretty random, but way fun! 

After Mal left, things got crazy.  I worked from 7-5:30 for Smokey hiking,, and would drive straight to the Facility afterwords.  I would change, put make-up on, and try to do something with my mop of a ponytail in the bathroom at work. Sometimes it would snow on the mountain so I would show up a wet dog ready to help people with their rec center needs.  Cute.  

I only work M-Th for Smokey so I was still able to have a social life on the weekends.  I got to go with Lesha to Lagoooooon! It was so. much. fun. 
  She was on UVU's student council and they got to bring a friend along to Lagoon.  Which was awesome because Sam was on the council too and invited Chelsea/Jason to come too.  Chelsea brought Carter and her nephew Parker.  So it was a party!

After... we were SO loopy after a long day of fun (The Highlight being Odyssea) But we won't talk about that.  BEST. DAY. EVER.

 (Don't judge me, I was on a ride when this picture was taken)
I went back to Lagoon later that month with my family too.  I love Lagoon! 

Last Summer was just FULL of fun all around.  I'll prove it to you:

Campfires
Camping.  4 big people, one little tent. 


Camping by a "Terrorist" at least he said he was one. 

Game night.  Making Tenille's consequence for losing at Spoons. 


Hiking in Happy Valley. 
Yes, I enter Happy Valley every once and awhile.
I do these things for you, Chels.

 Which led to Russell entering my life

And spending time with the little gem's of my life 
 and finale full of fun with a trip to Lake Powell.  (Unfortunately I don't have any pictures of it) but it was INCREDIBLE.
Summer 2010, bring it.
You have HUGE shoes to fill.

2 Response to "This Summer has HUGE Shoes to Fill"

  1. . says:

    so the picture of you and lesha at lagoon.. you see the lurker in the background, at a glance it looks like john farley. lol creepster.

    And i was laughing outloud when you said you and I looked like we were taking dumps on my post. lol paha! gotta do what you gotta do ya know:D

  2. alesha says:

    Awwww I MISS LAST SUMMER! Seriously. This summer really does have GINORMOUS shoes to fill. Andrew had better be prepared. In the summer sense, I am very high-maintenance. Oh and that "lurker" in the background REALLY IS the creepiest kid. Ew.