So, in case you didn't know, I used to work for an Oral Surgeon who would come to vernal once a month.  I got the lovely chore of holding patient's heads while having the operation and cleaning the tools after the surgeon was finished.  Sometimes it got to be pretty nasty and it took all my strength to keep their head up while the doctor sometimes had to use hammer and chisel type equipment to get those suckers out.   

So, basically, the thought of that happening to me was terrifying.   

My dentist told me OVER a year ago that I needed to get my teeth out, but the day the doctors were in town just never worked out for my schedule.  So I had about a years worth of build up leading to this undesirable event.  I couldn't even think about it without freaking out. 

Earlier today, I got to the office at 9 and for some reason I was completely calm.  No prob.  Which was appropriate because my procedure only took approximately 10 minutes for 4 smart teeth.  That is pretty rare. 

When I worked there, my favorite part was watching all of the loopy people leaving and watching them try to get down the stairs.  Hilarious.  Some people cry, some people laugh, and some people just stare.  I guess I just kept saying I can't feel my lips and using my finger to flip my lip and make a weird noise.  She said I kept repeating stuff over and over again.  At one point Hailey gave me a bottle of water to drink and I took a drink. I was working on swallowing the water when Hailey said you're dripping blood from your lips.  I looked down, not realizing I still had absolutely no control of my bottom lip, resulting in a mouthful of bloody water out of my mouth onto my shirt.  It was a tie dye shirt, so what's a little more color right? I also tried to use some chap stick and was mad when I couldn't rub my lips together after putting it on.

The doctors didn't even recognize me or the fact that I had worked with him before.  After being drugged, I was pretty mad about that fact.

Yay for soft foods, sleeping all day, and getting it over with!

p.s. Blackboard is telling me I got an A in my Art History class.  I haven't even been excited because I just KNOW that it is a mistake somehow.  I tried to figure out my grade and all I could figure was a B.  But regardless, I'm super happy with a B.

3 Response to "I lost my smart teeth"

  1. Sarah says:

    That is EXACTLY what happened to me! Playing with my lip because I couldnt feel anything. And taking a drink but couldnt feel/use my bottom lip so blood spilled everywhere (on my moms bed.. muah ha ha!) I was loopy and couldnt even hold my head up straight when they woke me up :) Ummm.. I think (and I QUOTE that you would have a picture of yourself when you got yours out!)

  2. Kayde says:

    I love this!! I am glad the surgery went well!! sorry about your lip I know what it was like. Have fun in Vernal we miss you in Vegas!

  3. Kaitlyn says:

    Sarah, my cheeks are not swollen at all yet, so I have no evidence to put up. When they get more swollen I will for sure put pictures up.

    Kayde. I miss you guys already! Hope Vegas is just a party right now... which I pretty much already know it is. Love ya.