Right now, I am in a really terrible mood.  It's a long story, and I am NOT going to go into it because I refuse to be one of those people who puts their drama up on a blog for the world to see.  Anyway, while I was dwelling on the current events I was on Facebook and my roommate in Merrill Hall, Ivy, had a status about Thankful Thursdays and a link that led to her blog.  Her blog is basically where every Thursday she writes about something that she is Thankful for! What an inspiration.  You're always taught that when things are not going so well the best thing to do is to think about all the blessings you've been given.



Blessings in my life right now,

1. My Patriartical Blessing (Don't know how to spell it, don't judge me)
2. I have wonderful parents who are still together, unlike many people now days.
3.I have 2 jobs that I really enjoy who are willing to hire me back year after year.
4. Because of those jobs, I was able to pay for every part of college ON MY OWN this year.  No Loan, just my hard earned money.  (Besides my Grandma's monthly presents the last few months)
5. I was accepted into the Art Program at USU
6. I am taking art classes that don't even feel like work, just fun projects.
7. I was born into the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
8. I grew up living 15 minutes away from a temple (and I live about 5 away from one now)
9. I have a car to drive, thanks to my loving parents
10. I have great friends who keep me on the straight and narrow
11. I have good health and can do everyday tasks without a problem

Some every-day things I'm thankful for...

12. Technology that keeps me in touch with the friends that I love but don't get to see much
13. Hiking
14.. Comedians
15. Free Cell, yes I am an 80 year old woman, thanks for asking
16. Watching How I Met Your Mother at Lori's house
17. Next week I get to go back to my favorite people in the world: My Family
18. Music.  I can't live without it.
19. Warmth is coming, I hope. 
20. No more homework to deal with after next week.
21. Single's Ward in Vernal, Ut.  It can't be beat.  It really can't.
22. The shuttle that takes me up Old Main Hill everyday.
23. Sweats. Sweats.  Sweats.  I wish I never had to wear real clothes.
24. Having a crush on a boy.  Even if it isn't a big deal at all, it's fun to have something to look forward to. 
25.  Beautiful Logan, UT.
26.  Apples and Apple, two very different but equally awesome things
27. Thoughtful text messages
28. Inside jokes
29. Photoshop and Illustrator.  Not so much In Design though.  Not a fan, yet anyway.
30. Having people in my life, like Ivy, who remind me to get my head out of my butt and realize all of the wonderful things in my life.

Oh, and guess what.  I can say that Thankful Thursday worked.  I am in a MUCH better mood after writing this!



3 Response to "Thankful Thursday"

  1. . says:

    I so needed this. because i too was in a pissy mood, that was unnecessary. Thank you for being my ivy. YOu are great.

    artritis 5...

  2. Sarah says:

    My favorite day is Mad Monday :D Where I can tell everyone how mad I am about people i've dubbed 'the quater kids' You know who i'm talking about...

  3. This is great. By the way, I creep your blog.