The other night Lori and I went to the lab planning on spending a couple hours finishing our Magazine layouts.  It may or may not have been the night before they were due, but whatevs.  Anyhow, Mine is supposed to be a magazine for USU.  We had to do 6 pages.  A cover, table of contents, and 4 pages that had to have at least 500 words per double page spread.  It doesn't seem like it would be that bad, but it takes up a lot of time.  Anyway a couple of hours turned into 7 and we didn't even realize it because we were having so much fun designing.  I love it, because it makes me feel like I definitely made the right decision on a major.  
Trying to turn these beauts proved to be pretty difficult.  
The day it was due, there may or may not have been some difficulties concerning a certain lady at the copy center.  She was really unpleasant towards Lori and I, but happened to be really really nice this guy Cullen.  

(My theory is that she is a lesbo and just got out of a bad relationship and has put it upon herself to ruin the lives of girls everywhere.  But that's just a theory.)

Anyway, we finally got the pages printed.  

Then, the foam board I had purchased a couple of days before was not big enough for all 6 pages.  
Great.  

So, we made a last minute visit to the Bookstore to purchase board big enough. After we got back we glued the pages on and headed to class.  On the way, the klutz that I am, I tripped UP the stairs and bent my board.  

FINALLY made it to class and the teacher said it wasn't going to ruin my grade having a creased board. Thank goodness. 

The best thing about the friendship of Lori and Kaitlyn is that throughout all of this we just laughed our little heads off until the tears came.  It was a fabulous day.

Here's the goods. 
(Minus the title page for the article, it was being stupid and didn't want to save to a jpeg)


Magazine Cover
 

Table of contents

 Title page is supposed to go here.  Maybe later. 

Student highlight Story  (Which happens to be me.  Imagine that!)




Now the class is over.  I'm happy because it is one less thing to worry about, but I am going to miss it!


3 Response to "Son of a Copy Lady (excuse my french)"

  1. . says:

    Even tho all that crappy shiz happened to us, it was still a great day! and you are a professional dude!

  2. alesha says:

    THIS IS SWEET. I would probably buy this off of newstands.

  3. Great Job! Seriously! and I did wonder about the copy lady comment on Facebook