Wow.  I have had one crazy weekend/week. I am NOT writing this to get pity.  Just simply to inform about my life.  Just wanted to make that clear.

 On thursday I chipped my tooth biting down on a fork... yeah, don't judge me.  Then on Friday I was super stoked because I got to go to drill state.  I had tons of fun catching up with my girls that I haven't seen forever.  Oh, and I got free candy coated almonds YUMM...  Afterwords Chelsea and I were SUPPOSED to go to a movie.  We were on our way to drop off my car so it wouldn't get towed.... AND... I got into my first wreck.

I was planning on flipping a U turn and parking on the other side of the street.  It was a double yellow line. I waited for a car that was headed in the opposite direction to pass and then I turned my wheel and pushed on the gas a little and a beamer crashed into the drivers side headlight.

The weird thing was... it didn't scare me at all.  Later I got thinking and I realized that I am really lucky that the impact didn't happen a few seconds later when I would have been completely sideways and he would have hit the drivers side door.  EEEK.

After my wreck Chelsea and I had a pretty fun night hanging out at her apartment with one of our friends    Coltin.  The next morning I woke up and realized that I had to find some way to get back to Logan... joy.  While I was stressing out about that... I got a text message from my roomie Corie that said....

"We just got robbed."

I started laughing.  This was a joke right?

Wrong.

I called her and she confirmed that it was the truth.  As soon as she told me that, I knew that my laptop had been stolen.  I asked her about it, and she checked.  Sure enough.... Kaitl's laptop MIA.  Two of my room mates had cash stolen... one $80 and the other $25 tithing money.  The other roomie had a blanket that her grandma made taken (we assume it was to carry things in).  The funny thing was that my room mate Kelsie's laptop was sitting right next to mine, and they only took mine.

My first reaction to Corie was, "Ashton! Come out.  I know you're PUNK'ing me right now."

Although we had a lot of things stolen, I was just mainly grateful that Corie and Kelsie (who were in the apartment sleeping at the time) were okay.  They had gone to sleep with their bedroom door shut and when they woke up it was wide open.  The heater was cranked up to 95 and the fan in the bathroom was on.  They felt pretty violated that whoever it was had opened their door while they were sleeping.  I don't blame them! But we have been prrretty paranoid since then.

Suddenly I am without car and laptop all in a matter of 24 hours.  BUT I went to the USU basketball game and we won so that cheered me up :)

On Sunday... (yes it continues) at about 3:00 in the afternoon (I love that in college you have to specify that) my friend Lori reminds me that the deadline to apply to be an art major is the next day.  AHH.  This  was a stressful revelation, but even MORE stressful since two things that I really needed to complete the application were missing from my life.  Lori... being the gem that she is... took me with her to Wally to get the stuff that we needed and we literally pulled all-nighters that night.  I did not even get in my bed.  I  finished my application at about 12:30 on Monday afternoon.  I felt soooo relieved.

Having no sleep actually turned out to be an awesome day though.  Lori and I were both kind of on the no-sleep high so everything was funny.  It was AWESOME!

This whole thing is kind of funny to me.  When my mom found out that I had gotten in a wreck she kept saying to people (according to Hailey's report), "When it rains, it pours."  How right she was.  The awesome thing about all of the crazy stuff that happened to me this past weekend is that all of the damage is replaceable.  No one got hurt in my wreck and all of my room mates are safe.  That's all that matters in the end.  :)  I also found out how wonderful the people around me are. I have had so much love and support shown to me. Thanks :)

4 Response to "When it rains... it pours"

  1. Man, sorry to hear about all of that! Glad everyone is ok though!

  2. Sarah says:

    Holy cow i'm so sorry!! How did they get into your guys apartment? That is so freaky!

  3. . says:

    i love the life of Kaitlyn. And how freaking awesome life is when we dont need weed to get high.. just no sleep will do the trick. "k sooo.... CHEESE!"

  4. Kaitlyn says:

    The door was locked, but the dead bolt wasn't. So I guess it wouldn't have been to difficult for them. It's way creepy! Especially since he was in their room!

    Baha! Lori. I can't wait for you to blog about our little friend. DO IT. DO IT NOW.