The following is an excerpt from my journal.  I'm going to use the same spelling I used in the book because its funny.

A little background.  My parents gave me this journal for Valentines day when I was 8.  A few months later, on April 11th I was baptized and Grandma Taggart sat me down and told me to write in my journal about this special day so that I can remember and cherish it later.  Well... I do cherish this journal entry, but NOT in the way grandma was probably hoping I would. 

How I felt
 Chapter 1

how I felt when I was Baptized is hard to Deskrib. but I can.  I felt like a mirmermaid when he lifed [lifted?] me dowen my dad did it.) and I also felt like a duck swimming under the water.  or like I was swimming and the water tuched my face.  or lik on a windy day when the wind taches my fase.  or like some one tide me up with rope, and they throw me in the ocean.  and I dround.  But most of all I felt Happy.  

How I felt
Chapter 2
 When 12 men cearcled around, and the blesing was said I whent to seit down.  I felt like: I had a new can panyan of something or somesort.  but enyway I felt happy.     

And that's 8 year old Kaitlyn for ya. 

=============================

Okay, I found another one that I wanted to share, because its really funny.  I was SUCH a brat.  I can't believe it.  Looking back at my journal is really surprising because I was everything that drives me NUTS now.  I was such a little Drama Queen! 

Enjoy:

Today is laborday and I am shut in my room with my sister because we got in a fight and my mom said that we are the most self-centered people she has ever met.  Ya the gurl (really? gurl? haha) who babysits 4 her so she can go to the temple, without even getting paid.  and I am self-centered.  I am just so sick of hailey's messes.  Sure Jamie & Kenna get along but they r young.  we got along when we were young.  And they don't have to share a room.  hailey always puts her stuff on  my side and when I show her what it feels like she throws a shoe at me and it hits me.  It is so hard 2 b the peace maker all of the time.  When she says her room is "clean" I look over and see the floor clean but her bed is cluttered and she NEVER THROWS ANYTHING AWAY EVER.  She has papers EVERYwhere.  Now you can see how I feel. 

Yeah.. I was a brat! I used babysitting so my parents could go to the TEMPLE... THE TEMPLE!!... as leverage.  Wow. 

4 Response to "A Day to Remember"

  1. Ivy says:

    This was awesome, Kaitlyn! :) Thanks for sharing! I love looking back at my journal entries (what few there are) from elementary school. I used to use "uv" to spell "of".

  2. . says:

    i wonder if 8 year old kaitlyn knew she would be an art major.. not an english major.
    And the temple one is hilarious.. its reminds me of my sisters and when they had to babysit me... im the youngest. So i was the annoying one that they HAD to watch. I like you.. you are great!

    "oh... and i LOOOOOVE ART.. it is so inspring.. and once i broke a mirror and i thought to myself..i HAVE to make that into an art piece.. and so i did.. and it was amazing. of course, because i did it! i Just put some paints on it."
    by: lip pucker girl

  3. Kaitlyn says:

    Thanks Ivy :) I know, it is so fun isn't it?

    BAHA! Lori... I actually wanted to be an artist when I grew up. But I thought I was pretty legit in the writing department as well. Chapters? seriously? haha.

    and I don't even know what I could say to add to that last part. SOOOO FUNNY. This semester will be interesting. "I just don't know what style I want to choose... I mean I'm just so good at all of them its just so hard when you're so talented... you know?"

  4. Unknown says:

    These are great! oh man now i think i'm going to go look through my old journals!!