I LOVE the 4th of July. 
I love everything about it.
America.  BBQ's.  Fireworks. 
Family. Laughing at Drunk People.
The white trash Vernal parade.
Sunshine (some years).
Going to the Lake
EVERYTHING.

 Unicycling is in my life because of this day.
(the 24th too but we won't count that haha) 

yaaay Unicycles! 
(the drill team didn't ride them this year! lame!)

We go to the super lame Vernal Parade
(please note the hint of redneck in the background)

Magic School Bus with Dinosaurs on Top? or what?
Oh how I love my town.

Last Summer
I went paint-balling for the first time in my life! It was a blast!
Went boating
Watched the fireworks
... all amazing.
But
Afterwords Alesha Watkins and Hanah Gillman drove throughout Vernal 
found people who were lighting off fireworks in the street
Windows rolled down
Screaming things like "USA! USA! USA!"
and... 
"America!.... Land of the free, Home of the brave"
Which was met by whoops and hollars 
(Some hick lingo there)
Best. Night. Ever.
Miss those girls.

This year was pretty awesome as well! 

The highlight of my 4th of July weekend was that I got to see Carrie Underwood!
13th row tickets that I didn't even pay for!

How does that happen? you might ask yourself.

I work with this guy named Quintin Huber. 
He LOVES Carrie.  Right when he found out she was coming to the Stadium of Fire he got tickets. So that is where the 13th row comes in.  He originally planned to go with his friend, but she was being uber lame and told him she couldn't go because she couldn't get work off. So he is worried about not being able to find anyone, and I tell him that I will be his last resort if he can't find anyone else to go. (I didn't want it to be awkward if he said I could come and then found someone he would rather go with) So a week before the concert I get a text that says, looks like you are the lucky winner who gets to go to Carrie Underwood with me! I was stoked! 

Two days before the concert the girl who was originally supposed to go called him up and said, 
I got work off for the concert. 

Oops.  He told her he was already taking him and she chewed him out.
I felt bad, but what can ya do?

At the beginning of Stadium of Fire they said a prayer. 
After the prayer was over, in the silence, 
I yell  "AMERICA!"
In the spirit of last year of course.
Provo is lame, no one even helped me out.
They just looked back at me like I was an idiot.
Lame. I missed my hick town.
(I yelled it at the Vernal fireworks the next night though, and got a better response)

Carrie Underwood sang the national anthem.
It was AMAZING! 
She is so beautiful and talented.  
Oh, and spiritual.  
She sang How Great Thou Art and I loved every second of it.
She sang it towards the heavens and teared up. She rocks.



It was a blast and a half!
She was obviously amazing, 
and the fireworks were incredible.

Oh, and the row across from me totally had to dodge a firework!
I witnessed it with my own eyes.
and... I was jealous it wasn't me. It would have been a killer story.

AMERICA! 
Land of the Free, 
Home of the Brave. 

2 Response to "USA! USA! USA!"

  1. . says:

    one day i will experience the lame Vernal parade.. which will NOT be lame, it will be STUPENDOUS! oooo maybe you can get married before the parade one year and then after you can ride on a float with your husband. oh man.. i would totally be there!

  2. alesha says:

    YES. Wow I love this post so much. We should have sat by each other at the Vernal fireworks. The whole time I was yelling AMERICA!! And a lot of yee haws and other cowpoke phrases. Andrew was along with it too yelling out "OOOH AAHHH" as loud as he could. Good times.